Pulling needles on black pine

Density is a key concept in bonsai. We want young trees to develop good density. With mature trees, we aim to maintain density. Density, it seems, rarely takes care of itself. Some of the young pin…

Source: Pulling needles on black pine



So this is them on the 3rd May 2015


On the 31st May 2015 I did the cutting technique on some and just removed the tap root on others:

It was a mistake to replant them into compost\catlitter! over winter the seedlings got too wet and suffered. A lot of liver warts and weeds!!


On 12th March 2016 I did some more root work, wired and potted these up into individual pots. Note some of the seeds turned brown due to being over wet!

This is them on the 26th May 2016: