One month after the repot:
On the 6th March 2017 I wired this one:
Then on the 25th March 2017 I repotted it, you can see the increase in feeder roots:
Picture taken 28th July 2015. I have let some of the branches grow out to thicken the main branches and increase strength.
The first flush of leaves came out on the 3rd May 2015:
The leaves on the 6th May 2015 then began to shrivel may be due to wind burn or may just be due to the root ball not being in the best shape. I can now confirm that the tree is doing well and all leaves and grown back strongly
So here is what I did with the gin on the 8th March 2015
Next job is to re-pot it into some decent soil and bring the lower left branch over closer to the jin to balance it out.
So here is the parent tree on its own now, styling done on the 26th October 2014:
The bottom left branch will be moved around once the deadwood has been removed. With and without the jin I haven’t decided yet:
I cut this air layer off before winter kicked in so the roots could get a bit of warm water before the freeze on the 17th April 2014:
Before cutting off:
And then after been cut off
I bought this material (£242 on eBay) off a guy who bought it off John Albright on 3rd May 2014 about 20 years ago. I don’t know how long ago the top died. Lovely pink colour on spring:
I air-layered the left branch and put the left air-layered branch closest to the fence to protect it from direct sun.
On the 21st June 2014 it had the below roots on the 6th August 2014 thats 7 WEEKS ONLY!!